1. Assessment of risk proposals
To ensure that risk proposals are properly underwritten in accordance with the Company's underwriting guidelines, rule and regulations of PIAM, MNRB, Bank Negara / other regulatory bodies, and ISO procedures.
2. Providing guidance ans assistance to Business Units
Guiding and assisting Business Units on the techinical aspects of the portfolio.
3. Arranging Reinsurance
To ensure that reinsurance is arranged for risks which exceeds the Company's retention limit.
4. Ensuring accurate risk retention and reinsurance cession
To ensure that the retention and reinsurance cession are correctly done.
5. To assess the applicability of premium and/or cash collateral refund
To ensure that all refund of premium ans cash collateral are effected promptly and accurately.
6. Review of Policies due for renewal
To ensure that all policies which are due for renewals are reviewed before renewals are invited.
7. Escalate any issues with IT systems to the IT Department and to assist in solving the issues.
To liaise with IT department to solve issues pertaining to Underwriting IT System and perform User Acceptance Test (UAT) on IT systems as and when required.
8. Escalate to superior on matters exceeding authority.
Matter beyond the authority to escalate to superior for acknowledgement and guidance.
- Possess a recognised degree in Insurance, Legal, Accounting, Finance, Business Studies. Preferably with professional qualification in insurance (AMII, ANZIIF, ACII, AAII etc)
- Relevant working experience in insurance (commercial lines, specialised lines and/or personal lines).
- Exposure to multi insurance businesses/models and across markets.
- Some specialisations in one or more areas in distribution, specific markets, products, Operations etc.
- Ability to adapt and learn fast, deligent, trustworthy and have strong initiative to learn.
- Result oriented, committed, team player, positive working attitude, good communication and interpersonal skill.
- Computer literate, especially in MS Word, Excel, Power Point.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to work with multicultural project teams and foster a good work environment.
- Ability to multi-task, plan effectively and meet deadlines.
- Verry good ability to strategize and drive execution.
- Very strong analytical/numerical skills.
- Potential to take up senior management roles in the future.
- Ability and interest to lead develop junior team members.
Perks & Benefits
- Nearby public transport
- Central location
- Flexible working hours
- Medical insurance
- Personal development opportunities