- Meet and attend the demand and delivery of application/system service and system improvement according to predefined standard process(s) and procedure(s).
- Handling of Production Support issue(s) and activities within defined SLA.
- Design, coding, testing, documentation, quality checking and maintenance of programs/object/components of software application.
- Work on a wide range of projects involving the implementation of new and existing systems, solutions and processes.
- Research and evaluate software related technologies and products.
1. Application Development Lifecycle
- Develop system solutions by studying information needs; conferring with users; studying systems flow, data usage and work processes; investigating problem areas; following the application development lifecycle
- Design, modify, develop, write and implement software programming applications.
- Plan, prepares and executes Unit/System/Integration Test and document results
- Quality checks program code, related objects and documentation
- Collaboration with Project Teams, Business Analysts, Backend developers and End Users in identifying possible application enhancement.
- Work is conducted efficiently and effectively in compliance with established standards.
- Advice, developments and implementations are based on sound research and analysis and are provided in a timely and professional manner.
2. Project Coordination
- Handle small project to ensure the project meet users’ requirements, timeline and cost.
- Perform first level QC on system before deliver to users for test.
- Liaised with vendor on support and provide coordination between users and vendor.
- Escalate immediate to superior when help is required.
- Prepare functional spec and meet project timeline and cost.
- Improved users’ view on quality delivered due to it was QC by IT.
3. Application Support & Maintenance
- Respond, assign and escalate as appropriate, and ensure timely resolution of all RMS requests
- Collaboration with Business Analysts, Backend developers and End Users in identifying application bugs, modify application/system to eliminate identified application bugs.
- Helping in data analysis and reports to support business processes.
- Updating the Solutions/Knowledge database with resolutions as appropriate.
- Requests for support are logged and tracked through the RMS system.
- Responses and resolutions meet or exceed Service Level Agreements.
- Adhere to the change management and release management procedures for any project / customization implementation and data patching process.
- Manage the program migration and data patching process.
- Recommending changes in policies and procedures
- Policies and Procedures are adhered to.
5. Personal and Team Development
- Knowledge sharing and transition among Application Development team where these is a new change release/major system root cause(s)
- Pro-active in maintaining and increasing the teams and own technical knowledge
- Is approachable and consistently engaged with team members.
6. Relationship Management
- Maintain close working relationships with internal and external contacts particularly user groups, local authorities, software providers, consultants and contractors.
- Maintain a professional attitude. Demonstrate patience, tolerance and understanding.
- Effective, professional relationships and partnerships are developed and maintained with internal and external contacts.
- Professional image is conveyed in public forums.
7. Work Management
- Manage a variety of tasks concurrently and show flexibility of work patterns to meet timeframes and delivery.
- Suggest new processes and techniques which will improve the efficiency or effectiveness of the team.
- Occasionally required to work outside of normal work hours to meet deadlines or to keep up with the variable demands of projects.
- Undertake any other relevant duties as directed by the Management.
- Work is delivered on time and to requirements.
- Processes and techniques are regularly reviewed, robust and effective blend of industry best practice and organisation requirements.
- Duties are completed to appropriate standards.
Qualification and Experience Requirements:
- Minimum Diploma or Degree in IT degree in a related area.
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in IT Application development environment
- Good project and time management skills.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- In-depth understanding of the Application Development Life Cycle.
- Sound knowledge of business acumen and organisation awareness
- Effective communication
- Self-planning capability
- Concern for Order, Quality and Accuracy
Perks & Benefits
- Nearby public transport
- Central location
- Flexible working hours
- Regular team activities
- Medical insurance
- Personal development opportunities