- Team lead/ conducting independent credit review on approved corporate/ business and retail accounts to assess whether the credit decisions are in accordance with credit risk strategy, credit risk policy and relevant legal and regulatory requirements. The scopes of accounts under review cover
- (i) Credit Applications for new/ incremental credit facilities;
- (ii) Credit Applications for renewal of credit facilities including Weak Customers (Performing Early Care, Special Mention or Performing with Rating of CCC-C) or Post Mortem Review on New Impaired Loan (Credit Review);
- (iii) The Bank’s top 10 - 20 customers/ Groups or Post Mortem Review on New Impaired Loan (Credit Review); and (iv) Loan classification and provisions or Post Mortem Review on New Impaired Loan.
- Assess quality of credit risk assessment and rigourness of credit approval processes, credit operations workflow/ process, the adequacy of scopes, effectiveness and timeliness of post-lending monitoring activities, the accuracy and timeliness of ratings assigned to counterparties and the appropriateness of credit classifications and provisioning levels to identify opportunities to improve credit assessment and credit operating performance, discuss with relevant stakeholders for improvement and recommend solutions to resolve problems where appropriate.
- Conduct Post Mortem Review on newly impaired loan with exposures > RM5 million (if any) with the objectives to appraise the weaknesses in credit assessment at time of new credit application and post lending monitoring and assessment in subsequent credit review, determine the lessons learnt and recommendations for improvement.
- To follow-up and monitor the status of rectification measures taken and carry out verifications on these completed rectification measures (including the supporting documents).
- To table and present the results on the Independent Credit Review and Post Mortem Review on impaired loans to Senior Management, Board Risk Management Committee and Board Audit Committee as per BNM’s Credit Risk Policy requirements.
- To update the relevant Independent Credit Review guidelines, risk-based credit review programmes/ worksheets or other guidelines of the Department as assigned from time to time when necessary.
- Job Requirements:-
o Degree holder
o Good knowledge of credit assessment on credit application and post-lending credit review.
o Hands-on experience in credit audit/ credit relationship managers/approvers.
o Minimum 8 years of experience in credit risk related work with credit qualification.
o Team Lead/Senior in credit audit/ relationship banking/ credit approval assignments.
o Integrity, responsible, hardworking.
o Strong credit risk assessment and analytical skills.
o Good speaking, writing and reading skills in English.
Apply now! Send your latest resume to firstname.lastname@example.org to have a private and confidential discussion on the job.
Perks & Benefits
- Employee equity
- Personal leave
- Open culture