- Undertake Permanent Way/Civil/Track design on projects, including liaising with client, contractors and multidisciplinary design teams to ensure that the design is fully integrated into the overall scheme.
- Produce technical documentation including calculations, reports and specifications in accordance with standards and procedures.
- Produce designer’s risk assessments eliminating hazards wherever possible through the design process.
- Deliver design packages to budget, quality and programme.
- Maintain good relationships with Client’s key representative and receive good customer feedback.
- Attend formal inter-disciplinary design reviews and any other technical meeting whenever is required.
- Develop and deliver cost effective solutions to meet the client brief.
- Mentor and develop team members.
- Provide support to ongoing development of the Track Solutions team.
Education & Qualification requirement:
- Bachelor Degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent with relevant experience.
- Minimum 3-5 years working experience in similar field or position.
- Detailed design of trackform designs (e.g. drainage, Under track crossings, formation design).
- Knowledge and skills in aspects of track and/or railway civil engineering surveying, specification, construction/renewal.
- Track renewals / maintenance experience.
- International design experience.
- Knowledge of rail stressing.
Special skills requirements:
- Development of accurate track design, S&C and Plain Line / or equivalent highways schemes.
- Ability to manage own workload.
- Working knowledge and requirements of safety legislation and regulations, including Health and Safety at Work Act and CDM 2015.
- Microstation, Bentley Railtrack.
Perks & Benefits
- Personal leave
- Personal development opportunities
- Medical & Insurance.
- Dental & Optical
D-21-01, Menara Suezcap 1, KL Gateway, No 2 Jalan Kerinchi, 59200 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Click to view the location on Google maps