About This Role
The Accounts Payable Manager will be responsible for determining, implementing, and managing Finance’s procure-to-pay function to help achieve Ace’s strategic goals in collaboration with our major stakeholders. This would include optimizing and streamlining the procure-to-pay process while improving overall cash flow, leveraging technology to gain efficiencies where appropriate and driving a high level of employee performance. This position will also seek to implement new internal controls and enhance processes that minimize financial and operational risk.
What You’ll Do
- Leadership – Lead a team of 10+ salaried and hourly associates and provide direction, training, motivation, and support. Develop trust, mentor, coach, and identify development opportunities for team members.
- Strategy & Tactics – Understand the needs of Ace's strategy and its interactions with existing procure-to-pay processes and stakeholder needs.
- Stakeholder Collaboration and Support – Ensure that the procure-to-pay functions continue to meet the needs of the internal and external customers.
- Internal Controls – Develop, establish, implement, and maintain controls and procedures to support the vendor setup and accounts payable financial system and operational processes.
- Accounts Payable – Oversee the processing, recognition and payment of accounts payable for Ace and its subsidiaries, including intercompany transactions for all procurement channels (international, EJD, indirect expense, drop ship, warehouse, etc.).
- Master Data –Collaborate with the Master Data team to ensure vendor master data is accurate and complete. Ensure that policies are created and controls are documented, tested, and operating as designed.
- Project Leadership – identify opportunities to involve cross-functional teams to implement new capabilities or enhance existing processes.
- Training and Development – Develop and oversee guidelines and framework for appropriate training and development of management and staff. Ensure performance goals and metrics to measure individual performance aligns the department to support the corporate objectives, maximize cash flow and minimize financial exposure.
Who You Are
We encourage you to apply for this position if you are passionate and dedicated in all aspects of managing the Accounts Payable function with the desire to ensure our vendor community, Ace retailers and internal business partners are served positively and with outstanding customer service. You love to lead and inspire your team to overcome obstacles and drive a high level of performance through the use of technology and improved business processes.
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics
- Minimum 10 years of proven managerial experience in leading a 10+ team and driving a high level of performance
- Strong leadership capabilities with proven success in strategic planning, collaborative project oversight, and cultural and change management
- Minimum 5 years in a high-volume Accounts Payable environment, which includes a full understanding of ERP system functionality, core procedures and end-to-end payment cycle
- Experience in succession planning and assessing employee capabilities and skill sets
- Strong verbal/written communication and negotiation skills
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications, with advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Must be self-motivated, detail oriented, strong analytical and problem solving skills, ability to handle multiple tasks, meet established targets, direct staff assignments and be adaptable/flexible
- Proven record of IT systems development, implementation and project management
- SAP Experience
- MBA or APM (Accounts Payable Manager Certification)
$112400 - $140400
Why should you join our team?
We live our values - W.E.L.I.G.H.T (Winning, Excellence, Love, Integrity, Gratitude, Humility, and Teamwork). Gratitude. Humility. Love. You don’t often see values like these in most corporate statements, but Ace is different. These things are important to us. They represent our commitment to the company, our employees, to Ace retailers and to the Ace brand.
In addition to providing our employees a great culture, Ace also offers competitive benefits* that address life’s necessities and perks, many of which expand and improve year after year, including:
- Incentive opportunities, based on role/grade level (rapid company growth over the past 5 years resulted in incentives being paid out at an average of 126% of your target opportunity!)
- Generous 401(k) retirement savings plan with company contributions, averaging 9.6% per year of eligible earnings over the past 5 years
- Comprehensive health coverage (medical, dental, vision and disability – up to 26 weeks short-term disability and long-term disability) & life insurance benefits for you and your dependents
- 21 days of vacation immediately available (prorated in the first year) and up to 6 paid holidays depending on the month of hire
- Company Car, phone and fuel card are provided for field-based positions
- Your career at Ace is more than just a job. It’s a chance to be part of something meaningful. We help locally-owned businesses thrive and make an impact in their communities – and we support our employees in doing the same by offering an annual Ace Cares Week, 20 hours off work per year to volunteer at an organization of your choice, opportunities to help Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals and the Ace Helpful Fund through the Ace Foundation
- Ace invests in every employee we hire, with a key focus on development and coaching. We offer on-site classes, facilitator-led courses, and a generous tuition assistance program, plus a performance management approach that goes beyond the typical annual review
- We know the work environment matters. That’s why Ace holds frequent campus events like Employee Appreciation Week, vendor demos, cookouts, and merchandise sales
- We bring them to you! Services such as mobile spas, auto maintenance, car wash and detailing, dry cleaning, dentists, eye doctors, flu shots, recycling and more!
- Employee discounts on Ace merchandise (including top brands like Weber, Traeger, Yeti, Craftsman, DeWalt and more), travel, fitness, computers and thousands more
- Birth/Adoption bonding paid time off
- Adoption cost reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) – access to free visits to therapists and lawyers, guidance on financial matters, elder and childcare, and assistance with tickets to entertainment events
- Identity theft protection
* Benefits are provided in compliance with applicable policies.
We want to hear from you!
When most people think of career opportunities with Ace Hardware, they often think of the helpful cashiers and sales associates at their local store. However, have you also considered the people behind the scenes who select, promote, ship and process the invoices for more than 75,000 products? Maybe you haven't, but we'd like you to. Because together we help our customers take care of their homes. Come find out why a career with the Ace Hardware Corporation is one of America's best kept secrets.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ace Hardware Corporation and its subsidiaries are committed to a policy of promoting equal employment opportunities. The company recognizes the importance of diversity and leveraging the skills and talents of all people to the mutual advantage of each individual and the organization. The company is committed to the prevention of employment discrimination related to race, religion, color, sex (including sexual harassment), gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, disability and military or veteran status, sexual orientation or any other action covered by federal or applicable state/local laws.
The pay range for this position starts as listed in the job posting, but could be higher based on education and experience. Please note, compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each opening. We take into consideration the minimum requirements outlined in the job description, such as an individual’s education, training and experience, the position’s work location, required travel (if any), and external market conditions when determining the final salary for potential new hires.
Be aware that salary estimates published via alternate online job boards may not be a true representation of the actual pay range offered for this position. Please refer to the Ace position description for the accurate starting pay range information and feel free to discuss this with a Talent Acquisition professional if you are chosen to move forward with an interview.
This written “Position Description” is not intended to cover all aspects of the position listed. It is meant to cover the basic/general essential job functions of a particular position. Ace Hardware Corporation reserves the right to change job duties, including essential job functions, according to business necessity.