SECRETARY (OFFICE AUTOMATION)
2 days ago
Prepares a wide variety of recurring and some nonrecurring correspon.....
- Prepares a wide variety of recurring and some nonrecurring correspondence, reports, and other documents and reviews and finalizes correspondence/documents prepared by others in handwritten or electronic drafts.
- Reviews and processes incoming and outgoing correspondence, materials, publications, regulations, and directives. Screens incoming mail to identify what needs to be brought to the attention of the supervisor, referred to appropriate staff, rerouted to other organizations/offices, or handled personally.
- Receives telephone calls, greets visitors, and ascertains the nature of the calls or visits. Based upon knowledge of the organization and its programs and operations, refers telephone calls and visitors to appropriate staff or office.
- Maintains supervisor's calendar, coordinates meeting arrangements, and schedules meetings and/or conferences. Schedules appointments and meetings without prior approval in accordance with supervisor's policies and priorities, and coordinates with the supervisor as necessary.
- Performs other clerical and administrative work in support of the office/organization. Establishes, updates, and maintains office records of various types that may be needed or will assist in the efficient operation of the office.
- Uses multiple office automation software with varied functions to produce a wide range of documents that often require complex formats, such as graphics or tables within text, editing and reformatting electronic drafts, and updating or revising existing databases or spreadsheets.
Starting at $37,696 Per Year (GS 5)
Official account of Jobstore.