Provides a wide range of complex services to support System Leadership Team level executives who are engaged in the strategic management of the organization. Proactively relieves executives of workload through a multitude of avenues including (but not limited to): supporting the everyday running of the System Office supporting the COO, the strategic management of complex calendars to implement operating rhythms for the executives and ensure proper preparation, the anticipation of issues before they arise, understanding the needs of the executives and helping to address gaps and opportunities, as well as through the recommendation of creative solutions to problems. Administrative tasks such as answering questions, furnishing information, composing correspondence, gathering data and information, developing and maintaining agendas for key meetings in an anticipatory manner, as well as owning and optimizing travel logistics for the executives are within the scope of responsibility. This masterful problem-solver and organizational force, who is flexible and adaptable to changing business needs, performs all duties necessary to ensure the executives meet their working obligations and deadlines in an as efficient and productive manner as possible.
- Improves the productivity of the applicable executives by diligently working behind the scenes and partnering with others to limit distractions from entering the purview of the executives, thus allowing them to focus on the highest leverage opportunities. Further, utilizes the appropriate software applications to maximize efficiency and effectiveness of the executives’ workloads. Consistently and proactively suggests and introduces new ways of working to improve effectiveness.
- Schedules appointments and manages the complex calendar to ensure that the executives meet their commitments. Exercises independent judgment regarding priorities/rescheduling. Initiates communication to ensure an efficient calendar of events. Provides support to the executives for the coordination of meetings, including making arrangements for meetings (coordination of all logistics, i.e. location, equipment, supplies, food & beverage, guest participant directions and accommodations, etc.). Takes and transcribes minutes of meetings as requested and follows up on action items/key meeting decisions as appropriate.
- Relieves executives of work by answering questions and furnishing information, reviews incoming correspondence and routes the correspondence to the appropriate individual. Composes replies and additional communications as appropriate. Is articulate and a good communicator. Screens phone calls, and provides information required for the routine, ongoing conduct of business. Refers exceptional or complex situations to the executives for further action.
- Prepares complex confidential information such as documents, reports, charts, and graphs using a variety of software. Creates executive level communications and presentations. Independently maintains accountability for completion of assigned projects/assignments. (As this is a ‘trust-based position’ – scope and depth of assignments could be expanded / moderated.)
- Resolves problems requiring in-depth knowledge of organization policies and procedures and projects in process. Relays information regarding organization policies. Informs executives of any deviation on items requiring his/her/their attention.
- Partners with key stakeholders to coordinate and administer activities related to applicable Board of Directors and related committees. Responsible for planning meetings, generating reports, meeting minutes and materials, and communicating with board members regarding related activities. Works closely with board members and committees to achieve organizational goals.
- Partners with fellow Executive Specialists supporting the System Leadership Team to ensure the efficient running and management of the System Office. Duties include helping with the oversight and management of the physical office space, supplies, hospitality activities, etc. Provides guidance, support and direction to other administrative support personnel within their respective business entity and amongst the broader team. Serves as an informal leader and may provide back-up to other team members in their absence.
- Establishes and maintains positive, effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders and functions as an ambassador of the executive; models and shares our core values with health consumers, partners and employees.
- Ensures confidentiality of all sensitive information, data, and communications in order to protect privacy, maintain confidentiality and protect the organization.
- Associate's Degree or equivalent
- 5 years of relevant experience in the capacity of providing support to senior-level executives
- Pallet to Waist (6" from floor) > 5 lbs: Seldom up to 10 lbs
- Waist to Waist > 5 lbs: Seldom up to 10 lbs
- Waist to Chest (below shoulder) > 5 lbs: Seldom up to 10 lbs
- Waist to Overhead > 5 lbs: Seldom up to 10 lbs
- Bilateral Carry > 5 lbs: Seldom up to 10 lbs
- Unilateral Carry > 5 lbs: Seldom up to 10 lbs
- Pushing Force > 5 lbs: Seldom up to 20 lbs
- Pulling Force > 5 lbs: Seldom up to 15 lbs
- Sitting: Frequently
- Standing: Occasionally
- Walking: Occasionally
- Forward Bend - Standing: Seldom
- Forward Bend - Sitting: Occasionally
- Trunk Rotation - Standing: Seldom
- Trunk Rotation - Sitting: Occasionally
- Squat: Seldom
- Stair Climbing: Seldom
- Reach - Above Shoulder: Seldom
- Reach - at Shoulder or Below: Seldom
- Handling: Occasionally
- Forceful Grip > 5 lbs: Seldom
- Forceful Pinch > 2 lbs: Seldom
- Finger/Hand Dexterity: Frequently
- Visual Acuity ¹[None = No; Seldom = Yes]: Seldom
SITE - Butterworth Hospital - 100 Michigan St - Grand Rapids
Executive - System
Day (United States of America)
Weekly Scheduled Hours
Hours of Work
8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Monday to Friday
CURRENT SPECTRUM HEALTH TEAM MEMBERS – Please apply through Find Jobs from your Workday team member account. This career site is for Non-Spectrum Health team members only.
Spectrum Health is committed to providing a safe environment for our team members, patients, visitors and community. That is why we require a drug-free workplace and various vaccinations as a requirement for employment.
Spectrum Health grants equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, religion, genetic information, marital status, height, weight, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected category.
An interconnected, collaborative culture where all are encouraged to bring their whole selves to work, is vital to the health of our organization. As a health system, we advocate for equity as we care for our patients, our communities, and each other. From workshops that develop cultural intelligence, to our inclusion resource groups for people to find community and empowerment at work, we are dedicated to ongoing resources that advance our values of diversity, equity, and inclusion in all that we do. We invite those that share in our commitment to join our team.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you may request assistance in completing the application process by calling 616.486.7447. We are committed to granting reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable laws.