- The CHCO serves as the principal advisor and consultant to the NDU President, Chief Operating Officer and nine NDU Components, on all matters affecting the University's human capital, human resources, and manpower.
- The CHCO will ensure that policies and mechanisms are in place to implement the Title 5, Title 10, and military personnel and manpower authorities necessary to meet the human capital requirements of the NDU mission.
- The CHCO contributes to formulating and operationalizing the NDU strategic plan in the human capital domain and acts as the Chair of the NDU Human Capital Council (HCC).
- The incumbent makes authoritative recommendations for resolving key, critical, sensitive, and controversial human capital issues; the CHCO is dual hatted as the Director, Human Resources Directorate (HRD).
- Plans, organizes, directs, coordinates, and reviews the work of the office with full supervisory and management authority for the long range planning, goal setting, and evaluation of subordinate staff.
Starting at $155,700 Per Year (GS 15)