- Serve as Deputy Project Manager for the Volatiles Investigating Polar Exploration Rover (VIPER), supporting the Project Manager in oversight of all project components, including cost, schedule, and technical baseline management.
- Oversee the project with respect to systems engineering, engineering, configuration management, risk management, contracting, and project execution functions as appropriate, for both NASA in-house work and contracted efforts.
- Regularly update the Project Manager on project performance; ensure project execution in accordance with all governing policies and NASA Procedural Requirements (NPR). Prepare required reports and supporting documentation.
- Maintain familiarity with the VIPER Project and SMD organizations, strategic plans, pertinent decadal reports, objectives and goals; and monitor project progress against those goals and selected metrics.
- Serve as a Contracting Officer's Representative (COR) for assigned project contract vehicles.
- Nurture and fortify the VIPER project's relationships with NASA HQ, other participating Centers and private entities.
- Serve as manager for one or more instruments, overseeing development, delivery, test, integration and operation of the instruments in order to maximize delivery of data supporting the mission's science requirements.
- Support the Project Management Division's new business efforts as achievable.
Starting at $169,402 Per Year (GS 15)