This is a non-bargaining unit position.
The initial application review cut-off for this job announcement is 50 applications. The first 50 applications received will be considered first. Applications received after the initial cut-off number (50 applications) may not receive consideration unless otherwise requested by management. If management requests additional certificates, applicants will continue to be reviewed in groups of 50 in the order they applied.
Note: Submitting multiple applications will change the order in which your application is reviewed.
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 4:30pm
Compressed/Flexible Schedule: Available
Telework: Yes - as determined by the agency policy
Duty Location Status: Will work from a VA owned or leased space
Position Description Title/PD#: Supervisory Program Specialist/ PD702420
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
Permanent Change of Station (PCS): Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not Required
Physical Demands: The work is primarily sedentary. There are no special physical demands for this position.
Applicants selected for this position may be required to serve a one-year supervisory probationary period. Failure to successfully complete the supervisory probationary period will result in the employee being reassigned to a position in the agency of no lower grade and pay than the one the employee left to accept the supervisory or managerial position.
- Serves as the Department's lead, and principal subject matter expert, on VA outreach and related efforts.
- Leads-the-development and implementation of the Department's Strategic Outreach Plan.
- Provides guidance to Administration and Staff Office Outreach Leads to improve outreach effectiveness and ensures outreach efforts are fully coordinated across the Department.
- Works toward the resolution of complex and sensitive issues. which impact the effectiveness of outreach; such assignments require a high degree of sensitivity and confidentiality by the incumbent.
- Establishes work objectives. sets priorities, assigns tasks, coordinates operations, monitors work progress, and initiates corrective actions as required to ensure work assigned is accomplished efficiently and in a timely manner.